Wide Ranging Support
One of Avon's priorities is to offer all its Sales Representatives as much support as possible to grow their businesses. At Avon, a Representative is in business for herself, but never by herself.
Specific resources offered to Representatives vary by country according to the needs, size and nature of the local Avon business, but the comprehensive menu of materials and resources offered in the U.S. is a good example and includes the following:
- A dedicated intranet website (youravon.com).
- Templates and IT support for personal sales websites.
- A unique Representative e-mail and telephone support line.
- Regular "eNews" updates (bi-weekly newsletter to Representatives).
- A targeted communications and information portal tailored to Avon Leadership Representatives (those with a "downline" of Sales Representatives they support).
- A regular cascade of communications for all Sales Leaders.
- Support and training from District Sales Managers (also known as Zone Managers in some countries)
- Regular sales meetings and special events for Sales Representatives, which include exposure to Avon's top sales and marketing management.
- Educational online training opportunities specializing in sales and beauty.
- Various conferences for field sales management and top Sales Leaders, which focus on recognition, information sharing and skill enhancement.
- Advertising and public relations campaigns about the Sales Representative earnings opportunity and about individual Sales Representatives.
Unique Savings and Health Insurance Opportunities
Avon also supports Sales Representatives with opportunities that are unusual for the direct-selling industry. Although they are independent contractors, not employees, in 2001 Avon began making available model individual savings plans to the U.S. Sales Representatives – the first of its kind in the direct-sales industry. U.S. Avon independent Sales Representatives who qualify can also take advantage of a life and health insurance program.